· By 2030, there will be twice as many older Americans as today from 35 million today to 70 million in 2030.
· There are currently 3.4 workers for each Social Security beneficiary. By 2030, there will be 2.1 workers for each beneficiary.
· In 2003, nearly 47 million Americans will receive approximately $470 billion in Social Security benefits.
· About two-thirds of aged Social Security beneficiaries receive 50% or more of their income from Social Security.
· Social Security is the only source of income for approximately 20% of the elderly.